Friday, June 16, 2006

Spice it up!

Last week, I decided I was in the mood for cupcakes. I found a Duncan Hines devil’s food cake mix box sitting at the back of my cupboard and got to work swiftly. I would have made it from scratch, but my husband just loves boxed cake mix. He’s not very adventurous.

Usually when he requests something, I try not to fiddle with it too much since I know how picky he can be. However, I felt like doing something crazy. I knew it was a gamble to mess with the perfectly blended cake mix, but I had just gotten an extremely fresh spice all the way from India.

Fresh cinnamon ground up into fine powder, so pure and aromatic, setting it in my spice rack made the entire cupboard smell of delicious cinnamon. Yummm!

So what did I do? You guessed it. I added ½ a teaspoon to the cake mix and mixed it well. Then I baked them and waited until they cooled to added some delectable vanilla frosting with a little bit of rainbow sprinkles and a starburst jelly bean.

I kept my lips sealed when my husband came home and gave him his first cupcake. Salivating, he devoured it and demanded two more! He said, "This is soo much better than I remember it!" Did I tell him I added cinnamon? No, not yet. When I do, I am sure he will be upset for tricking him, but I know just what to say.

Don't you know cinnamon is good for you? That's right folks, the delicious spice you add to tea, and apple cider, and cookies and cakes can ward off cholesterol! (But only in very small amounts!) Check out this interesting article I bumped into for more details:
Cinnamon in moderation is key!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shakti said...

Cupcakes!? No problemo! I am sure my DH won't mind either! ;)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Elle* said...

Yuuummmy! I so want to try this! I think haagen-das (sp?) just came out with an ice cream this flavor called Mayan Chocolate....
You sooo have got me wanting to do this? Any advice on finding REAL cinnamon (or just some real good stuff?)

Love the blog!
How did u put that counter on the bottom of the page BTW?

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds