Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Homemade Crunch Candy Bars


One of my absolute favorite candy bars is Crunch by Nestle. There is something just downright wholesome when I bite into one and munch away.

After much consideration, I wondered if I too could make my own version of the rice crispie chocolate treat. I set out to work.

First, I bought myself a box of Keyfood brand Crisp Rice Cereal. It was a ton cheaper than the real Rice Crispies and tastes exactly the same! Then I grabbed my couverture chocolate I purchased from Whole Foods and starting chopping up the block.

I went ahead and began tempering the chopped chocolate over my stove. I set up the cereal to be ready to be poured into the bowl once I hit the correct cooled temperature of the chocolate. I then took my plastic spatula and just mixed the cereal which I just poured into the chocolate until it was completely incorporated.

If you like more crunch that cocoa, go ahead and add as much cereal as you want. Be sure not to add too much though otherwise the cereal will over power the chocolate.

Once you have completely mixed the two, pour it onto a parchment paper on a flat cookie board. Be sure to spread it out so it is thin. Immediately stick it in your fridge (especially if it is a humid day), and pull it out just a few minutes later. If you leave it in the fridge too long it can get chocolate bloom.

After it has cooled properly and you take it out, break the chocolate crisp into pieces and enjoy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so good and so easy! thanks for the tips!~

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post... Looks like solid-state memory is finally starting to take off. Hopefully we'll start seeing a drop in solid state harddrive prices real soon. 5 dollar 32 gig Micro SD Cards for your DS flash card... imagine that!

(Submitted using S3 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds