Friday, June 23, 2006

The Cocoa Saga *Part VI* Into the Jungle


On our way to the village, Sam and I began evaluating the possibility of a murder motive behind the mutated new species. I began jotting down notes into my notebook to organize my mind.

“Do you think this new species was made to target someone?” Samuel asked as he looked out the window.

“I am not sure,” I replied jotting more thoughts crossing my mind.

“Well, it’s the first time I would have ever seen anyone go through all the trouble,” Samuel said tapping the window with his index finger.

“And you have seen someone go through the trouble to murder someone before?” I asked not looking up from my notebook.

“Well, no,” he said sheepishly.

“I am thinking the idea over and…,” I started.

“And what?”

“And I just do not see how or why someone would go through all the trouble of successfully crossing two different species to commit murder,” I ended. I looked up from my notebook finally and turned to Samuel. “The chances are pretty slim that there is an evil genius out there who would want to murder and blackmail through the use of plant life.”

“Using Mother Nature to work for you and against others,” Samuel stated. “Well it isn’t unheard of.”

“Perhaps not, but I am still skeptical.” The care abruptly stopped. We had already arrived to the outskirts of the jungle. We piled out of the parade of cars and walked into the hut where we had originally met with Padma.

“Oh please put these on as soon as possible and follow me,” Padma declared. There was no time for pleasantries as we all quickly got into the bodysuits. With about a line of ten people following Padma, the policemen, Samuel and I, and a few others, we ventured deep into the jungle.

We followed Padma to the exact location we had gone before. As we neared the location I had taken original samples before, she made an abrupt right turn and walked for another ten yards.

We were so deep in the jungle, there were noises I had never heard before in my ears. She motioned us to continue following her under a giant tree into what looked like a clearing. As I approached the clearing behind Samuel, I heard him say in a muffled voice, “Oh my God.” I stepped the left of Samuel to take a better look and what I saw both flabbergasted and baffled me.

In front of me lay acres of crops of the mutated new species.

To be continued….


Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds