Friday, July 21, 2006

The Phone Call - Business Beginnings

When I called Amy, she told me she wanted individually wrapped chocolates to be made as placecards for her event. I told her if she could send me a sample idea of what she is talking about, I would be happy to see what I could do.

Now, I'll tell you directly that I have never made massive quantities of chocolate before. Professional use good quality tempering machines to temper the chocolate in bulk. In my case, a good valued machine costs close to $1000. That is simply something I can't afford. In addition, being that it is the middle of the summer, unless I have a wine cooler fridge or space in my fridge, storing the premade bars would be out of the question.

Did I mention that I think she wanted 300? As you can see this is just beginning to pose it own set of problems.

On one hand it would be a wonderful opportunity. On the other, it might be very difficult to even do.

More to come..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds