Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ebay Scammers- Business Beginnings

I have been looking for the ACMC chocolate tempering machine on Ebay for quite some time now. When I finally found it I put in my bid and hoped for the best.

I was outbid of course, and soon after I noticed the seller put it up again since apparently the reserve was not met. Well yesterday I got an email from the seller saying that the first bidder did not respond to his emails so I am getting a second chance. Of course I was thrilled. But no sooner did my joy turn sour.

You see, I am new to Ebay, so I have no idea there were scammers out there that prey on trusting victims like me. The fishy part about the email was that he was offering to pay for shipping. Hmmm... Sounds too good to be true. I thought it was true. My skeptical husband, however, did not. He told me to email the seller through the Ebay messenging center to be sure it was real.

When I did this, the real seller told me it was not him. Thank GOD I did not send my credit info! I really got lucky.

Despite this I was pretty upset I did not 'win' the ACMC chocolate tempering machine. So buyers beware!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Counter by Pliner.Net
singles, shopping, search, classifieds